Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fried Chicken and Waffles

My husband and I went to Tupelo in Cambridge for brunch with a friend this morning. Although we have had dinner at Tupelo -- this was our first time trying brunch. There were so many yummy sounding items on the menu to choose from that our friend and I decided to share two meals to make the decision a little easier. She ordered the Fried Chicken and Waffles with Burbon Maple Syrup and Spiced Cream and I had the Smoked Sausage and Roasted Veggie Hash with Scrambled Eggs, French Bread and jalapeƱo aioli.

Normally scrambled eggs are, well, scrambled eggs....but at Tupelo they are the fluffiest, most lovely eggs that I have ever had (yes eggs can be lovely). The Fried Chicken and Waffles were fantastically delicious and as someone who does not enjoy bourbon in spirit form -- I was surprised how much I enjoyed the bourbon maple syrup.

If you are looking for a healthy brunch I would not recommend Tupelo (the only healthy part of my plate was the watermelon slice served on the side.) If you are looking for a place to indulge your taste buds with interesting southern-style food with a twist and incredibly friendly service, you will be well-served at Tupelo

1 comment: